Students do not need to wear school uniforms during remote learning.
Beacon Hill International School has a mandatory school uniform policy. All students are expected to wear:
- Top: navy blue, white or green t-shirts, polo shirts, blouses, turtlenecks, jumpers, dresses, sweaters, hoodies, sweatshirts
- BHIS logo t-shirts and sweatshirts are ok
- T-shirts are ok — collared shirts are not required
- Bottom: navy blue or khaki skirts, skorts, shorts, capris, leggings, pants, sweatpants
- More details:
- No graphic designs or brand logos
- Jeans are not uniform pants
- Layers of clothing should conform to uniform standards
- Wear shoes appropriate for PE and for playing outdoors at recess
- Hats are not worn in class
- Coats and jackets are not regulated by the policy, but please send outerwear appropriate for the weather. It rains frequently and students may get wet at recess.
“Free Dress” Days – School Picture days and the last Friday of each month are designated as “free dress” days when students may wear non-uniform clothing.
Where do I buy school uniform clothes? Many local and online stores run back-to-school sales where you can find good deals. You don’t have to limit your search to a store’s school uniform shop to find solid colored clothing in our school colors.
The PTA has a fundraiser through the online clothing store Primary for uniform and other clothing purchases — visit through our unique link (below) and use promo code BEACONHILL for 20% off your first order and the PTA will earn 10% of sales. For returning customers there will be two Spirit Sales (in the fall and spring) where everyone is eligible for 20% off their purchase!