Regular Meal Schedule
- 7:35 – 7:55 a.m.
- Kindergarten/1st Grade – 10:45 a.m. Lunch
- 2nd/3rd Grade – 11:15 a.m. Lunch
- 4th/5th Grade – 11:45 a.m. Lunch
Visit the SPS Culinary Services Site for more information.
Visit the SPS Linq Connect menu to see upcoming lunch offerings. This website provides menu descriptions, nutritional facts and other useful information.
Purchasing School Meals
Students can pay cash daily or you can prepay for school meals by depositing funds to their meal account. Students access their meal account using their 4-digit PIN number, which will come home with them during the first week of school. Please help your child memorize their 4-digit PIN.
School Meal Prices
(no charge for Reduced price meals)
Qualify for Free or Reduced Price Meals
Your child may qualify to receive meals free of charge. If you believe your family is eligible, applications can be submitted at any time throughout the school year. Learn more.
Ways to Pay for School Meals
Students can pay with cash, check or money order for each meal, or you can load your child’s account with funds and the child can “pay” for their meals with a PIN number.
Each child is assigned a PIN number during the first week of school that is linked to their individual account (set up by the district). Incoming Kindergarteners should have received a letter from Nutrition Services with your child’s PIN number. Older students previously at a Seattle Public School will retain their current PIN.
At lunch, students will key in their PIN to pay for a meal. The Cafeteria Manager at school has a hard copy of all the students’ PINs and can help the students with their numbers.
Loading Your Student’s Account
To load your child’s account with funds, you can:
- Bring cash, check or money order (written to “Nutrition Services”) and submit payment to our Cafeteria Manager directly in the cafeteria or give it to Cheryl or Diana in the main office. To ensure the money is deposited to the correct account, be sure to include your student’s first and last name and PIN number.
- Register with a program called PayPAMS where you can electronically load money into your child’s account anytime by credit card. Note: PayPams require a Student ID number or meal account PIN number. The Student ID number can be found on report cards or by accessing The Source. PayPams charges users a payment transaction of $1.95 per student for each transaction.
Note: The school district does not want negative balances on the students accounts, but they allow for a minus at the elementary level. Our Cafeteria Manager will never deny your child a meal, but she hopes that parents and guardians will see to it that your child’s account is paid before this minus level is reached. PayPams allows convenient access to monitor account balances and meal activity. You can also find out your child’s meal balance information from the BHIS lunchroom manager or by contacting Nutrition Services (206-252-0675, Office Hours M-F: 7 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.).