The PTA’s annual Walk-A-Thon is both a fun athletic event and our most important fundraiser of the school year. Every BHIS student is invited to walk, run and have fun. Fundraising is optional, but students and their families can ask neighbors, friends and family members to donate any amount of money via check or online (click the yellow Donate button on the homepage) to support Beacon Hill International School. The money we raise is key to supporting our school.
Walk-A-Thon fundraising envelopes went home in backpacks on May 3 to help families collect donations. The envelopes are due back at school on Friday, May 17, the day of the Walk-A-Thon.
Volunteers are needed at the Walk-A-Thon! Count laps, cheer kids on, hand out snacks or count money. It’s a fun way to get to know more kids and parents. Sign up online: https://signup.com/go/QDjyiRZ
Here are some important facts about the Walk-A-Thon:
- This year’s Walk-A-Thon will be on Friday, May 17 during the school day.
- Each class goes out to the upper field to run or walk for 20 minutes.
- Kids should wear clothes and shoes that are comfortable for running and bring reusable water bottles, if they have them.
- Our goal is to raise $20,000 to support many programs at our school including:
- Guest teachers
- Classroom supplies
- 5th grade camp
- New library books
- Afterschool enrichment programs and financial aid